Acadeka and that rum cake

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Momofuku

Can one make a mistake at Momofuku?

I did this weekend.

Having seen a party eating eating crawfish a few weeks ago made me think and speak about having it for sometime. I imagined it to be spicy, finger-licking good and looked forward to it. What a letdown! Spicy and aromatic it certainly looked, but eating it was so difficult, especially as no pliers were provided. I had to ask a total stranger next to me how to eat it and he gave me some instructions and then told me that he would only eat it at home as it was a messy affair. The meaty part was so miniscule that it seemed that the only thing to do was sop up the sauce and imagine one was eating a padded fleshy lobster!

Luckily the friend expensed the lunch so I didn't feel like it was a total waste of money.

The other dishes were delicious - the roasted asparagus on a bed of miso with a fried egg on top, the roasted rice cakes and the pork buns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home