Acadeka and that rum cake

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sheer Bliss Revisited

Last Saturday I went out on a date with a man who wasn't passionate about the culinary arts but did have some opinion on what he ate and drank.

I told him excitedly about the pleasures of Sheer Bliss. He has not tasted it nor had he heard of it. I let that pass - I am not sure if it is advertised.

However, my eyes widened with surprise when he said that he hadn't heard of Ciao Bella - another friend later told me that even her boyfriend hadn't heard about it and that I shouldn't assume that everyone in this city is a foodie or an armchair foodie at that.

We then ate ice creams at Mary's. He chose chocolate with pistachio halva. An odd choice for someone who didn't know about Ciao Bella. Then fear gripped me. I assumed that perhaps he knew of another, better ice cream and would drop that bomshell on me.

Perish the thought!

He hedged about telling me his favorite ice cream and then out it came - Breyer's "for economic reasons". Breyer's - good God!

I was silent for 5 minutes.

Before we parted for ever, I told him not to bother seeking out Sheer Bliss as I didn't want him cursing me for what would become an addiction and rapid loss of funds.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, now I am speaking like a mother; there are plenty of nice men out there who like Breyer's ice cream, as long as it is the original and not the new "rich and creamy" flavors, that are loaded with fillers and high fructose corn syrup. And if they have any willingness at all, you can have the pleasure of imparting all your culinary wisdom to them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home