Acadeka and that rum cake

Monday, April 10, 2006

Ancient Indian concoction

Yesterday I fell. A silly mistake which made me land hard on my hands and knees on an uncarpeted area of the floor.

Got up slowly and saw the blood and a large bump on the knee - the kind one saw as kids in cartoons that made one laugh but in this case it just hurt plain bad.

The first thing I did before I washed the blood was to go to the kitchen and heat a cup of milk and then put one tiny teaspoon of turmeric in it - let it simmer for a few minutes and then held my nose and just swallowed.

Turmeric is known to have healing properties and this vile tasting concoction is always drunk at the first instant when there is an injury or any suspected internal damage.

Then I washed the blood off under lots of hot water and then placed an ice pack on my knee and took a pain killer. By mid-afternoon, the large ugly bump had completely subsided and my knee looks normal even though it still is painful.

I have a friend who gives her husband this concoction every evening and insists that is the reason why he is always fittum fit (never sick - as said in India).

My decision right now is to have this yellow brew every evening so that more healing can take place if that's possible.

One thought has crossed my mind - would the healing inch up faster with the addition of a shot of bourbon or just soften the acrid taste?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home