Acadeka and that rum cake

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Shake Shack

When Shake Shack announced it's opening after the winter months, I ran to get my fix one rainy day. I needn't have rushed as it was a disappointment. Having enjoyed the burgers and shakes last year, I had eagerly told friends about what they were missing.

What was even worse was that the burgers were more expensive. had to wait 20 minutes for my order to be filled. I spent nearly $8 on a single burger that was lukewarm and a caramel shake that wasn't caramelly enough.

There were a number of people waiting for their orders to be filled. The service line inside the shack was not running efficiently at all and it seemed like a mess. The expeditor kept having to repeat orders. Burgers that were made were put into the open brown bags lining the counter and then after a while, the drinks were being put in. It seemed like the kitchen crew were overwhelmed by the amount of orders flowing in. They seemed to be trying their best but it was no dice.

I called my friends to tell them that they shouldn't bother going as it wasn't much cop. I know that I will not be returning.

Instead I will be going to The Burger Joint where the burgers are sent out faster, arrive hot and are cheaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home