Acadeka and that rum cake

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Meltdown Mavis

Meltdown Mavis struck early this week.
On Tuesday, I went for a demo by a famous chef and ate 4 tastings of what was made - mind you, these were only samplings. All desserts and so yummy.
The piece de resistance was the bomboloni - heaped on a dish looking gorgeous all sugared up and waiting to be bitten into. Sitting in the back has its advantages as one dish was given to the girl on my right and we both took one each and passed it down. Luckily for us, the dish came back rather fast as most people had eaten too many sweeties and couldn't face another! Not me, I was all up for bomboloni bliss. I took 3 more - two I ate in quick succession fearing that they may be taken away by a well-wisher and one I managed to take for the chef I work for. Then I went to the kitchen and took the phyllo last-minute surprise dessert that this chef had created one evening at the restaurant and which then became a fixture. My chef would certainly enjoy this. I then added another....for me!

Today - there was another meltdown.
At lunch, a tart with blueberries brimming over a pastry cream cried out to me and I put one on my plate before even taking a piece of salad. There weren't that many tarts and I wanted to make sure I got one.
Then another chef sent me an email telling me to "come up and get some" and I knew these were Danishes - oh, la, la! fresh, aromatic with desire - I brought down a plate and carefully offered everyone and they were taken but I also took a small one.
Then after work, I walked to Il Lab specifically for salted caramel ice cream. I had hoped a pint of it was available but only a tub was offered. What could I do? I bought the tub and lugged it home but first I ate a small cup with strawberry and chocolate.
I daren't step on the scale tonight or tomorrow morning in case I get dizzy from dread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home