Acadeka and that rum cake

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bouchon Bakery

Bouchon Bakery was a mixed bag. What a disappointment - here I had gone with such anticipation having read of the delicious treats in store.

The patisserie is located on the third floor of the Time Warner Building. It's off to one side in the heart of the lobby which seemed an odd location - reminded me of the tobacconists in atriums. Well lit, the baked fare looked jolly inviting. I had a good look and happy that I was hungry to eat both a savory and a sweet. I chose the pork tonnato (?) sandwich that lacked any distinct flavor. I should have had the ham and cheese baguette which was the most popular selection all round.

For dessert, I chose the cappucino slice decorated to the hilt with a truffle on top - devoid of any coffee flavoring - the only redeeming factor was the truffle with it's molten center that burst into my mouth with chocolate joy!

The mille-feuille puzzled me - not quite sure if the cream was off or had too much of a citrusy flavor - each bite was puzzling - the pate feuillete was crisp and flaky. Left it half finished.

Despite this, I took home a few more not knowing when I would return and these thankfully were the best of the lot. The bouchon - yummy in it's bold chocolate flavoring; the large t-k 2 which resembled an oreo - the best of the lot and the nutter butter of the peanut cookie variety - so so.

Will I return? Not for a while. Only if I am in the neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home